Thursday, January 3, 2013

Canvas Art


Today I bring you some simple and cheap canvas art. The whole project only cost me 10 dollars! I found the 2  small canvases at the local craft store and had a 40% off coupon. Score! Here is what you will need.



I first started out by creating my design. I drew both of mine free hand on scrap piece of paper and them traced the design on to the canvas. You can always find an image online instead if that's more your speed.



Once my image is traced on to the canvas I mod podge the traced area and sprinkled my first layer of glitter all over it. Note: I put the canvas under an extra sheet of paper so once try I could put the extra glitter back into the container.  I repeated mod podge and glitter step three times. So it went something like this: mod podge, glitter mod podge, glitter etc.  My final layer is mod podge to seal the glitter to the canvas.


That's it. Like I said its super easy and I love making them. I'm already thinking of other images I could use. Like if you were decorating a nursery or kitchen. I hope you have as much fun as I did and let me know if you have any questions!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips